Procera AVH® » The University-Validated Mood, Memory & Cognitive Enhancer.
Procera AVH® is a unique, doctor developed, patent pending, proprietary formula of natural ingredients – clinically shown by one of the world’s premier brain research centers to energize the brain, uplift mood, improve memory, and sharpen the mind, focus and mental clarity.
What’s more, in over 50 years of combined research and use, each of the three natural ingredients in Procera AVH® have been clinically shown to be safe and effective to enhance a broad spectrum of cognitive functions including memory, focus and concentration, mood, and mental clarity and energy.
First in Brain Nutrition
Procera AVH® was tested at the prestigious Brain Sciences Institute in Australia, considered one of the leading clinical trial sites in the world for testing both natural and pharmaceutical products for improving cognitive performance.
The Procera AVH clinical trial utilized the FDA criteria for drug trials – a randomized, double blind, placebo controlled protocol with a significant number of participants. The Procera AVH trial used a comprehensive battery of standardized, FDA approved computerized neuro-psychological test “instruments” that assess a broad spectrum of mood, mind, and memory functions.
Study Center – World Renown Brain Sciences Institute
The Procera AVH study was conducted by world renown cognitive researcher, Dr. Con Stough at the Brain Sciences Institute, Swinburne University, Melbourne, Australia.
The Brain Sciences Institute was chosen for two reasons:
* It is one of the leading neuro-cognitive research labs in the world with a comprehensive array of neuro-psych tests, such as the FDA approved CDR tests of cognitive function used in over 500 pharmaceutical drug trials and cited in over 1000 published papers.
* The Principal investigator for the Procera AVH study was Dr. Con Stough. Dr. Stough is one of the world’s most frequently published and leading authorities on IQ and intelligence, cognition and memory, and cognitive enhancing drugs and nutraceuticals.
When considering brain supplements here are several key factors you should be aware of:
* Was the clinical study conducted on the product, per se, or does the marketer of the product merely cite clinical studies on the ingredients in their product?
* If so, does the product actually incorporate at least the minimal dosage level that a consensus of qualified clinical studies proved efficacious?
NOTE: many products on the market list dozens of ingredients on their label, which suggests that few if any are at clinically validated dosage levels.
* Did the study test a significant sample size (e.g. 75-100 subjects) and employ FDA guidelines of a randomized, double blind, and placebo controlled trial?
* Did the study use clinically acceptable instruments for the objective measurement of a broad range of cognitive, as well as mood functions?
* Was the study protocol approved by an independent review board (e.g. Institutional Review Board – IRB), and was it conducted by an internationally recognized research University or Clinical Research Organization (CRO)?
* Finally, was the study conducted in healthy, cognitively normal individuals representing a broad age group of male and females, or did it address a group of cognitively impaired individuals?
Only Procera AVH® can claim to have satisfied all of the above criteria while showing positive effects on improving memory and concentration, mental clarity and energy, and mood.
University Study Yields “Evidence of Efficacy”
Procera AVH® is one of the few, if not only brain nutritional supplements on the market today that:
- Was tested for safety and efficacy by a major university cognitive research group, using a FDA-type clinical trial with a significant number (~75) of cognitively healthy people of a broad age range (20-66), and also
- Uses only clinically validated ingredients at or above the dosage levels shown in prior independent studies to be effective.
Most, if not all other purported “brain boosting” supplements on the market fail to use minimally “proven effective” ingredient levels. Most put just a “little bit of everything” in their formula to window dress their label in hopes of impressing the uninformed public. Don’t be uninformed!
And few, if any “cognitive enhancers” or “mood enhancers” have been validated in a highly qualified university study with normal functioning people across a broad age group. Only Procera AVH®, a “dual action cognitive and mood enhancer”, has satisfied all the important criteria.
Medical Journal Writes Up Procera AVH®
Procera AVH’s clinical study results were so impressive that the study was published in the peer-reviewed medical journal, JANA (Journal of American Nutraceutical Association).
The Journal stated:
“The combination nutraceutical formula consisting of Huperzine A, Vinpocetine and Acetyl-L-Carnitine was examined in a 30-day double blind, placebo controlled clinical trial assessing a range of cognitive and mood variables. Seventy-four healthy participants, 43 in the combination nutraceutical formula group and 31 in the placebo group, with a mean age of 48 years, completed the study. Statistically significant improvements in several variables relative to placebo could be attributed to the 30 days administration of the combination nutraceutical formula, including working memory accuracy (p < .03), long term memory consolidation (p < .02) and mood (p < .02), suggesting an improvement in complex cognitive processes. The cognitive processes assess both the initial stages of holding information in conscious awareness as well as the encoding and retrieval of recently learned material. The mood measures assessed levels of anger and depression. Interestingly, improvements in speed of memory retrieval suggest functioning equivalent to age cohorts of approximately 10 or more years younger. ….. There were also no side effects or adverse reactions reported by the participants.”
Procera AVH Ingredients – Clinically Effective Levels
One key ingredient in Procera AVH® is acetyl-l-carnitine (ALC). A considerable amount of scientific research has shown this unique ingredient to be effective in boosting brain power, memory, mood, focus and clarity, but only in amounts at, or above 1250mg per day, the so called “minimum necessary therapeutic dose”. Very few brain supplements on the market have this amount as a daily serving. In fact, most have less than 500mg of ALC. Procera AVH® has “significantly more” than the above critical threshold amount.
An analogy might serve to drive home the point you need at least the minimal, proven therapeutic dosage to support purported claims: Most people have tried an anti-inflammatory OTC drug, such as ibuprofen. Typically it takes one or two 200mg tablets to effectively reduce muscle or joint pain. Now, what do you suppose would happen if you took ½ or a ¼ tablet? Probably nothing. So, although the manufacturer may claim the pill is an anti-inflammatory because it contains ibuprofen, if you have less than 200 mg as your dosage amount you can’t expect it to be very effective. The same goes for nutritional supplements.
What distinguishes Procera AVH® from all others is that it uses the 3 top clinically proven “cognitive ingredients” at or above their proven “minimal therapeutic dose level”. What’s more, Procera AVH’s ingredients work synergistically. One ingredient, Vinpocetine, naturally increases blood flow to the brain which increases the potency of the other two ingredients.